Free ICS supports during COVID crisis
The Irish Computer Society is working with a range of partners to help Ireland stay online during the COVID crisis.
We are doing this in three ways:
- Supporting IT professionals who need to access the latest resources on remote working and digital transformation - Free three months membership - Just click here to join for free today!
- Supporting the wider workforce by improving remote working and digital skills standards - Free ICDL Digital Skills Training is now available from SOLAS - Read more below...
- Supporting pathways into careers in IT for those affected by job losses in other sectors e.g. hospitality - ICS facilitates the Irish Digital Skills and Jobs Coalition in partnership with government and the EU. The Irish Digital Skills and Jobs Coalition tackles the digital skills shortage and on upskilling everybody to take advantage of the digital economy and society. You can read more about our work here.
ICDL, formerly known as ECDL, is now free on fetchcourses.ie to support those affected by the ongoing Covid-19 crisis.
SOLAS, the Further Education and Training Authority, has made ICDL resources available for free on the SOLAS online learning service as a support to learners who have been impacted by the current containment measures.
Students can now access 10 ICDL courses for free including:
- IT Security
- Online Collaboration
- Computer Essentials
- Online Essentials
- Word Processing
- Image Editing
- Web Editing
- Project Planning
Registering for your course
ICDL is funded and delivered online through Solas eCollege.
Anyone over 18 with a PPS number can access our courses. Here’s how to get started:
- Register for an eCollege account at fetchcourses.ie. You need to register before you can apply for your free courses.
- Confirm your email address to validate your fetchcourses.ie account. You will receive an email from fetchcourses.ie. Click the link inside the email to validate your account.
- Apply for your free course here. You may be asked to sign again into your fetchcourses.ie account again.
- Join the ICDL Ireland Digital Skills community for extra benefits, tips and resources. See below for some early benefits already available.
ICDL provides a great learning opportunity for individuals to upskill or reskill and be ready for when the current restrictions come to an end and businesses are operating normally.
ICDL is available online 24/7, so you can study at a time that suits you. While these are extremely difficult times we are living in, we hope that by making ICDL available we will help to support those whose livelihoods have been impacted by Covid-19 to re-enter or upskill in the labour market.
While courses are tutor supported, independent study is required to reach certification standards.
To create a fetchcourses.ie account and apply for eCollege courses, candidates will need an active email address and have details of their PPSN and postal address to hand.
Register for your free ICDL course here.