Free webinar: The Independent and Effective DPO: Legal and Policy Perspectives can not be viewed
Free webinar: The Independent and Effective DPO: Legal and Policy Perspectives
Join us on Wednesday 8 July at 2pm for a webinar titled, “The Independent and Effective DPO: Legal and Policy Perspectives.”
The webinar is jointly organised by the Future of Privacy Forum (FPF) and Dublin City University (DCU), and is designed to help policymakers, regulators, and their staff better understand the legal views concerning the position of the Data Protection Officer (DPO) within an organisation.
Specifically, the first part of the discussion will centre around the involvement and independence of a DPO from the perspective of the regulators, while the second part of the discussion will compare how this issue is perceived by DPOs and a discussion of practical examples.
Guest speakers include:
- MB Donnelly, Assistant Commissioner, Data Protection Commission Ireland
- Daniela Havlíková, Expert for the Legislation Unit, the Office for Personal Data Protection, Czech Republic
- Hielke Hijmans, Chairman of the Litigation chamber and member of the Board of Directors at Data Protection Authority Belgium
- Grégoire Delette, Legal advisor - DPOs dpt – Directorate of compliance, CNIL
- Marie Murphy, Fort Privacy and Association of Data Protection Officers Ireland
- Udo Oelen, Chief Privacy Officer at Dutch Railways, former Head of Private Sector at the Dutch Data Protection Authority
- Damien Kieran, Data Protection Officer at Twitter
- Mark Crosbie, Data Protection Officer at Dropbox
- Gabriela Zanfir-Fortuna, Senior Counsel, Future of Privacy Forum
- Rob van Eijk, Managing Director for Europe, Future of Privacy Forum
- Edoardo Celeste, Lecturer in Law, School of Law and Government, Dublin City University
Book your ticket
Please register in advance for this webinar on Eventbrite, as space is limited.
Begins at 14:00 and ends at 15:30
Share this event!